Satoshi Kirishima: DNA evidence reveals the deceased guy was among Japan’s most sought-after

A dying man who claimed to be among the most sought criminals in Japan was telling the truth, according to a DNA test. In January, Satoshi Kirishima came clean to the police, telling them, “I want to meet my death with my real name”. Officials have now verified that the 70-year-old was, in fact, Kirishima, a militant who was involved in multiple explosions that claimed lives in the 1970s. It’s unknown exactly how he managed to stay at large for so long, even though posters featuring his visage can be found all across Japan. Local media in Tokyo claim that Kirishima was involved in the planting and detonation of a homemade bomb that on April 18, 1975, partially destroyed a building in the Ginza neighborhood.


He was a member of the radical left-wing East Asia Anti-Japan Armed Front at the time, which was thought to be responsible for multiple bombings against Japanese corporations in Tokyo during the 1970s, including one that targeted a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries building and left eight people dead and over 160 injured. It is believed that Kirishima participated in four other attacks that the organization carried out. Due to their participation in attacks, two further members received death sentences. Although they never gave trying, it is believed that he is the only member of the group who was never apprehended by the authorities. For decades, posters outside police stations around the nation have featured an image of the long-haired, bespectacled 20-something university student.


Even still, his identity was a surprise to several of his neighbors when it was made public last month. One of them told the Mainichi newspaper that he was a “calm and serious” man who liked to play the guitar in his room after a few drinks. Under the alias Hiroshi Uchida, Kirishima had supposedly resided in Fujisawa, a city on the western outskirts of Tokyo, for nearly forty years. According to the Asahi newspaper in Japan, he admitted to authorities that he had performed day labor jobs before landing a job at a construction company. NHK, a broadcaster, claimed he was paid in cash and lacked a phone to assist him remain anonymous.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.